Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saronida shore walk

Saronida is the shore town outside of Athens where I've been spending my summers. It reminds me of my Turkish-occupied Cyprus town of Kyrenia, where I spent a large part of my childhood. There's a beautiful municipal beach in Saronida where I watch the same families and clutches of children explore the rock pools, catch fish or learn to dive. I fell in love with this place ever since an octopus came to greet me as I first put my toes into the water!


The municipality has created a lovely shore path that they extended year after year. We were happy to see that even during the lean years they were able to complete it and extend a wonderful amenity to the town.  

 

 I love the indigenous shrubs, the wild thyme and other wildflowers that frame the path.



Benches to watch the sunset









Small beaches or boat launches dot the way and a swimmer may walk down to his or her favorite swim spot.

I'm mesmerized when the surf is up and it crashes against the rocks. I could watch it for hours.

Enjoy!

Maria

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment