Friday, February 14, 2014

"Archangel" Ruminations

Besides cooking, skiing, swimming, traveling and blogging, I had shared with you that I write fiction. I have been searching for an agent to represent the sale of my novel, "Archangel," to traditional publishers for four or five years(who's counting right?) without any luck.

Archangel mosaic, from the Panagia Kanakaria Byzantine Church in Lythrangomi, Cyprus


I'm very happy to announce that this is the year I'm going to publish. If Cameron Diaz has published a book, if the comedian Steve Μartin published a novel, if Sylvester Stallone published a novel, I think it's high time I published my novel. Not because I'm a movie star, like them, but because I'm a writer.



My working Manuscript of "Archangel"

The manuscript is almost ready, I have a book cover concept, I've chosen a book designer, and before the end of this year, were going to have a book launch! Writing a book is one thing, producing it is another! I'm learning a lot about book publishing(more than I care to know, really!) and I'm learning it fast.

I'm very excited to share this, but I'm also a little scared because I'm about to let the book go out into the world. We writers can be perfectionists and feel that a piece of writing is never quite good enough. Yet, if no one reads it, if I don't take the risk of people not liking it, people will never have the chance to read my book.


In the meantime, I will keep you all posted on how things are going.


Wish me Luck,


Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment