Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Cross Country USA! A Road Trip

You're all probably wondering about all my "America the Beautiful" series posts. It's surely obvious by now that Stelios and I loaded-up the car to the hilt and took off to look for America as the song goes!
We packed a tent, sleeping bags, camp stove, camp coffee maker(very important), bags of food, clothes, bedding, boots, coats, hiking gear. Get the picture? With just enough room left for Stelios and me to ride along, we took off from New Jersey on April 17.
After six weeks in a car together almost 24/7, yes, for those who asked, we're still speaking to each other. We're back now doing all the things that needed to be done while we were away! Don't you love that! Those chores don't go away just because you did.

Like making my own breakfast! You know I love to do that!
I won't bore you with the details of cutting the lawn, washing the fridge(hey it was empty for a change!), changing the bedding etc, etc, etc.



Don't you love a clean fridge? I don't do it often but when I decide it's time, nothing stops me until that fridge sparkles!
It was an amazing trip where we saw an America that is vast, it's people are welcoming and friendly, it's bounty is immense, it's diversity incredible both in landcape, culture and wealth. What we found is that the American spirit is bright and strong and we are grateful for the opprotunity to experience it!

Enjoy!
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment