Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Central Park and Spring Brides

New York's Central Park is a joy to walk through. It's such an iconic place, conjuring memories from my youth when my University was only steps away from this amazing piece of open space in the middle of a vertical city.
It's a great place to take a break on a sunny spring day.
 As many times as I walk through the park, I always experience something new and interesting. Like the time when I saw Woody Alan, hand in hand with Sun Yi or the time I saw Garth Brook in concert, or when I watched the Metropolitan Opera in the park with colleagues.

This past week, it was seeing brides and grooms having their picture taken in the Park by the Bethesda Fountain.









As my friend and I had lunch at the Loeb Boathouse we spotted the bridal couple posed across the lake at the edge of  Bethesda Terrace close to the steps that lead into the water.


The daffodils were proudly displaying their yellow and white like an army waiting to salute the sun, some of the trees wore  their white  chiffons and others wore pale greens. Every season is magical in the park and spring brings with it that hope for renewal.

Enjoy!

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment