Monday, March 27, 2017

A year of Sourdough

It has been a whole year since I started my sourdough adventure! I made a sourdough starter that has withstood the test of time, absence and sometimes even neglect!





I have experimented with boules breads, batards, bagels, brioches, waffles, pancakes, rolls, the works!You can find all the recipes in my blog. Just use the search function on the right hand side of the blog and it will bring up all the sourdough recipes.

It's an amazingly creative journey that just sort of grows on you! Just like the wild yeast that gathers it's strength and unique flavors from the air in your home, the learning gathers strength and palate from the wildness of the process.

I celebrate this learning of the simple staple of bread.
I thank the community of sourdough bakers all over the world for their generous sharing of techniques.
 Sourdough! I love to make it, eat it and share it!




My sourdough bread making has come a long way from the dense first bread I produced. I try not to overthink it, I use my instinct and I love to explore! If you want to build some self-confidence, try sourdough bread making. It works!

Enjoy!

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment