Sunday, July 27, 2014

Japanese Treasures

It was a few years ago when I saw a sign around town that read: "Estate Sale." I had an errand to run but made a mental note to hit the Estate Sale on my way back home. I can't resist a yard sale, let alone one that was termed "Estate Sale." It denoted to me that I should expect a cut above!
Sure enough, I had enough time to pay a visit to the house on my return. It was an intriguing house that made me wonder about it's previous inhabitants who were nowhere to be found, one of them long dead and the other, a lady in her 90's, on her way to an assisted living community. There were many items from countries around the world, clueing me in to the travels those two must have enjoyed through the years. 
The owners were surely discerning people whose collectibles including items from Greece. But what caught my fancy was a cluster of beautiful items that were Japanese. I had been to Japan a few years back and loved the culture and the Japanese craftsmanship and sense of art.
I bought as many as I could afford, some of them I didn't even know what they were, but they had captured my imagination and I couldn't leave without them.
Some of the items have markings on them that I could not read. Some I didn't even know what they were used for.


Today, I share my finds with you and I hope you see as much beauty in them as I do.
Enjoy!
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment