Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Archangel at Kinnelon, NJ Library in the New Year

Even as the time since I published Archangel passes and the number of Book Events I have presented add up, I am still grateful for every new opportunity to share the story of Archangel.

Last month I joined my book club members at an author presentation at the Kinnelon Library. The author was Michael Ransom and his book is a murder mystery titled "The Ripper Gene."

When we arrived, I was introduced to Kim Christian, the Library Program Coordinator, by my good friend Kathy who organized our outing. Kathy, one of my strongest supporters, had already spoken to Kim about me and my book. Kim, it turned out, was interested in me doing an author presentation for Archangel!
Won't you all join me on January 28th, at the Kinnelon Library in New Jersey, at 6:30 pm for an author talk. Save the date on your calendars and come out and see me.
Recent Photo of the Church of Panagia Kanakaria 

As in many of my other presentations, whether across town, across the country or across the Atlantic, events unfolded in unexpected ways and the Book Events came together successfully. It's not that I didn't put in a lot of hard work and effort behind my events, but I do feel that without the help and support of many key people none of the events would have taken place.
Detail from the entrance of the Church of Panagia Kanakaria 

Coming out of a Thanksgiving spent in bed with a bad cold, I am taking stock of how fortunate I have been this past year and a half.

First off, I'm so grateful for all the people who helped me get the book ready for publication. Then, I'm grateful for the friends and family who cheered me on. Also, I'm grateful to my childhood friend Marios who invited me to present Archangel in Cyprus and started an avalanche of translation and international book events. I'm grateful to my friend Myria Antoniades and her family who hosted us and my book event in Nicosia, Cyprus. I'm grateful to the Ambassador of Cyprus to Washington, George Chacalli, who invited me to present my book in Washington DC, grateful to Commissioner Photis Photiou who supported my presentation in Athens. To Ambassador of Cyprus in Athens Kyriacos Kenevezos, the Cultural Counselor of the Cyprus House, Maria Panayides and her staff who made it all happen, I am grateful. And this is just the short list!

And so it goes, and I'm grateful for Kathy Klauser who suggested I do a book event to the Program Coordinator of the Kinnelon Library.

Something tells me that this might not be the last presentation that I do on Archangel. Every book presentation I do has been amazing and has taught me something new. Just when I think I have gotten all there was to get out of the experience something new rises to add to the already rich tableau of experiences.


I'm amazed at how many people have reached out and helped me along the way. I'm overjoyed by people's generosity of spirit and love of books.

And I don't want to forget to say how grateful I am for my husband Stelios, who is now paying it forward by helping his good friend and author Stamatis Kampanis with the publication of his books. Stamatis gave me great feedback on my book and I was glad to share with him my journey of self publication. Now that Stamatis is on that journey himself, Stelios is helpinghim  as a reader and editor.

I also want to take a moment to remember my dad, Gregory Menico, who passed away in January of this year while I was in the midst of my book tour in Cyprus. His generous spirit is always with me. Love you dad.

And so it goes until later notice my friends!

Hope to see you there,

Maria



No comments:

Post a Comment