Friday, June 7, 2013

What's for Lunch Alfresco!

Today feels like it really may be summer in our neck of the woods! Ninety degree weather and no rain. Yes!! A great day to eat outside.

After a visit to one of my favorite places, the www.RingwoodFarmersMarket.org, I prepared an easy, tasty, locally sourced lunch for my hubby and me served on our deck.


 
All I did was steam some fresh spinach, sauté some colorful oyster mushrooms, fry up a few eggs and Voila! Lunch is served!

Lunch for two:
A small bunch of fresh spinach leaves washed
a handful of oyster mushrooms roughly chopped
3 or 4 farm fresh eggs
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint

In a medium saucepan heat about 2 inches of water, drop in your spinach leaves, cover and let steam for 3-5 minutes. drain and set aside.
In a medium sauté pan heat a tablespoon of canola oil(I use rice bran oil but canola will do). Drop in the chopped mushrooms and let cook for about a minute. Stir once or twice, empty onto a plate and set aside.
In the same sauté pan, add a teaspoon of oil and heat. Crack two of your eggs and let them cook to desired doneness. Stelios likes his a bit runny so that's how I make them for him. I like my egg over easy, so when it's done on the underside, I flip it over, press gently on the yolk to cook it a little more, and it's done.

Wash the spinach well


Sauté the mushrooms


Steam the spinach
Fry up the eggs!
 Serve husband!


Enjoy!
 
Maria




1 comment: