Sunday, October 19, 2014

How to Publish Your Own Book - a workshop at the Orangeburg Library

This past week I was happy to conduct a workshop on "How to Publish Your Own Book" at the Orangeburg Library in New York State.
I'd never done a workshop like that before and I thought about what people, who are interested in publishing their own book, would like to know. There is so much that goes into publishing your own book that it can be overwhelming to someone trying to make a presentation and also to the audience who're trying to learn about the process.

What I decided to do was focus on the main steps I took to get from a pile of written pages to the end product of a paperback and Kindle book, which became "Archangel."
The evening of the event I went to the library not knowing what to expect. However, I felt very positive and  excited and was certain that the outcome of the presentation could only be good.
Sure enough, we had a great group of people thanks to the efforts of Lynne Warshavsky, in charge of special programs and, to the generous hospitality of the Library Director, Mary Kane.We had a great time together, I shared my experience in publishing my book and got lots of feedback and good questions from my audience.
Thank you to all!

Enjoy!

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment