Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Omelets

Yes, it has been a cold and snowy winter! It doesn't look like the end is in sight yet. Today, it's been snowing all day. So, what's a girl to do but cook!

Omelets are such a versatile meal. You can have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Today, I wanted to make us a hearty lunch since we are cooped up in the house all day with our only break shoveling the snow as it piles up.

I made small side salads of mixed greens. a diced orange(such a lovely winter fruit), some walnuts and a few pickled anchovies. I sliced some bread and then I readied my omelet pan by drizzling some vegetable oil and setting it over a medium fire.

In the meantime, I cracked 2 eggs in a small bowl, added some oregano flakes and some red pepper flakes and beat them until well mixed.

My oil was hot by then and I poured the eggs into the pan swirling it to spread the egg along the bottom. With a fork, I broke any bubbles and made sure the egg got to the bottom and cooked. When almost cooked(the middle still moist) I added a dollop of ricotta cheese and folded the omelet over.

I served it with half a whole wheat roll for a satisfying lunch.

You can't find an easier meal idea that tastes so good.

Enjoy!


Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment