Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Chickpeas anyone? Or lowering your cholesterol!




Greeks love beans! A lot of Greek cuisine is actually vegetarian. Which is great for me because at my last check up we discovered that my cholesterol had reached unmentionable heights. One solution is lipitor, the other: nutrition. I think I'll try the latter. Wish me luck!
This week, I came up with this easy, tasty, powerfoody(is that a word?) lunch that includes all these wonderful Greek flavors! It's very filling and gives me plenty of energy. And it's good for me too!
A can of chickpeas
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
a small tomato chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
the juice of half a lemon
sea salt
freshly ground pepper




Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss gently. Serves two as a lunch with crusty bread.
You can substitute any bean you like for the chickpeas. I particularly enjoy cannellini beans.
Bon Appetit!

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment