Saturday, January 11, 2014

Blogging versus real life

People have told me that they love following my wonderful life on my blog.
I'm grateful for my life, the people in it, my community, my travels and all the good fortune that I have.
But...there is a huge difference between what I share on a blog about lifestyle and what goes on in the intimacy of my day to day life. Sometimes, those private moments seep into my blogs. But, for the most part, I'm a storyteller and I'm publishing a narrative for my audience. I have to be creative to bring something amazing to my readers' attention with a few photos and some brief prose. 
Don't ever believe that there is a life made only of joyous occasions, fun things to do, travel and adventure. Human angst, loneliness, loss, fear, and pain are part of every life. And it is as it should be. Without those attributes we wouldn't recognize our own humanity.

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment