Saturday, March 26, 2016

Avocado Toast

I had never heard of an avocado toast. I love avocado and I love toast but never thought about putting the two together.


Usually it's avocado with garlic, lime juice, onion and tomato, aka guacamole! More often,I'll dice half an avocado to add protein and heft to a lunch salad.

So, this avocado toast intrigued me so much that I decided to try it right that minute as I needed a quick fix, pre-workout lunch.

I cut a quarter of an avocado and diced the inside while still in it's shell. I then mashed it with a fork, added a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and mixed all together.

In the meantime, I toasted a slice of whole wheat bread, nice and brown, the way I like it.

I then topped the toast with the mashed avocado, piling it high and making sure every edge was covered.


I sprinkled a pinch of red pepper flakes over the top and...


devoured the delicious treat.

I was pretty impressed with how much flavor the simple lemon-olive oil, red pepper concoction imparted to the creamy but bland avocado.

I would definitely recommend you try this at home, and if you feel like a snack get up and do it right now!

Enjoy!

Maria



No comments:

Post a Comment