Saturday, March 19, 2016

Jacqueline De Ribes - The Art of Style- Metropolitan Museum of Art

Last month I was lucky to be asked by a friend if I wanted to visit the new Costume exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Met is one of my all time favorite places to go and I jumped at the chance to see this unique exhibit.

I had never heard of Jacqueline De Ribes before, but this exhibit was a delight, especially when I discovered that she is still alive today and still glamorous in her late 80's.

 Flower arrangement at the Metropolitan Museum Great Hall Entrance.
Below I present photos from the exhibition. All of these dresses belong to Countess De Ribes and many are of her own creation.
Jacqueline had a very full and eventful life, traveled in high society circles and her outfits reflect that haute couture world.





She was a very creative woman and such a muse to designers that people like Lanvin, Galliano, Armani  put at her disposal their studios so she could customize their creations for herself.
 


 The exhibit showcases ensembles dating from 1962 to the present time.







 She ran her own studio from 1986 to 1995.




She is an aristocratic, elegant woman who impressed me with her daring creativity in fashion.

Enjoy!

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment